Festivals and Events
Catch the Spirit of Fun
Part of having a good quality of life is having fun. Wellington offers a series of festivals and events for young and old alike. Being about an hour drive from the Cleveland/Akron/Canton metroplex and almost Columbus, along with being close to many of Ohio’s major attractions, Wellington’s festivals and events are a nice day trip or an excellent stop as part of a larger vacation.
- Gazebo Garden Tour - shop for homemade garden-related crafts and plants on the Village Green.
- Village Wide Sidewalk and Yard Sales - visit merchants downtown and residents throughout the Village to find unique and bargains.
- Old Fashioned Fourth of July Celebration in the Park - two days of celebrating patriotism and the birthday of our nation. Kid’s activities, a parade, a band concert and an ice cream social and, of course, fireworks at the fairgrounds.
- Lorain County Fair - one of, if not, the biggest county fairs in Ohio, national level grandstand entertainment, all of the great things you expect in a county fair and maybe a few you do not, like a combine demolition derby and celebrity donkey races.
- Harvest of the Arts - nice quality handmade crafts and food on the Village Green and in the Town Hall.
- Annual LaGrange Engine Club Show - a gathering of those who are interested in old farm tractors and engines at the fairgrounds. Demonstrations, swap meet, tractor pulls and lots of old farm equipment to see.
- Fall Foliage Tour - The perfect way to spend an hour or two on a Saturday or Sunday in October! Visit Lorain & West Virginia Railway for more information.
- Christmas in the Village - Christmas parade, Santa arrives, craft bazaars and merchant specials to start the Christmas season.
- Holiday Home Tour - visit some of Wellington’s grand century homes to see the wonderful holiday decorations.
- Santa Train - We're excited to have Santa visit us again this year! Enjoy complimentary, warm hot-chocolate in our vintage railway station, which is decorated for the season, then board the train for a short ride and a chance to visit Santa! Visit Lorain & West Virginia Railway for more information.